Saturday, February 16, 2013

My First Chemo *Cycle#1 - Day 0

There it was. My first chemo on Feb 15th in PPUM @ UH Petaling Jaya.

The day started (it's going to be routine anyway) with taking in Kytril pill @ 1 tablet which must be taken orally at least 1 hour before the IV is being set-up. It's supposed to help prevent the vomiting effect.

Chemotherapy Daycare room in PPUM consists of kerusi empuk yang boleh recline tuh.
so, quite comfy la.
I was ready with materials and all. Tak sempat baca pun. Berborak dengan neighbour lagi ado..




The regime started with Kytril and another anti-allergic and vomiting liquid taken via IV.
Together with saline water, the medicine being IV'ed alternately and slowly.
Red colour okehhhh...

Those covered with black plastic are FEC. The combination drugs i'm taking in.



so, as for Day 0 - my tonque started feeling tingly and very mild dizziness kicked in. it stayed until i took my nap in the afternoon.I had to have my nap anyway since the i've got headche and heavy eyes.

As i didn't feel hungry, i took light meals like fruits and cereal drinks as my mouth demanded some food. heheh..i was told the effects might kick in the next day. I wonder how it's gonna be..

I also need to take in oral Metocloramide 10mg tablet 1 x 3 times a day before meals and Dexamethasone 500microgram tablets 4 x 2 times a day after meals.This is for 3 days and i guess i need to keep in my food in for strength and cell build-up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...